title

Photo by Jason DeVarennes

Friday, January 20, 2012

OK, for real this time...

Yes, I must live under a rock. I don't watch reality television - so I'm not terribly current on the whole public vote-for-me thing. I just signed up for facebook to get some photos from a friend last summer. But we have had the website for a while, and I would occasionally get a query from someone asking if we had a mailing list or a way to notify folks of updates. I finally realized that blogging would be the best way to 1) get me to post photos from trips and rides in a more timely manner and 2) allow folks to subscribe or get notified when we have something new. So we started the blog.

It was quite timely as the Rapha Festive 500 - Ride to Redemption came soon after, and gave me something to write about for a while, and provided some inspiration for using the new camera, as well as a chance to possibly win some swag.





So we came up with a funky theme for our rides, based on the name of the challenge - Ride to Redemption. We started by riding to Redemption Rock. But being a bit cheeky, we continued by riding to Brimstone, Purgatory, World's End and other similarly themed spots. We had some fun, took a lot of pictures, learned a bit more about facebook, strava, and blogging, and logged a lot of kilometers in the process.

If you haven't seen the earlier blog entries and don't know what I'm talking about, check out our Festive 500 page.


So after all that, we made their short list, which the grew to a long list, but we are still on it. So now we are seeking your support so we might win a pair of socks or something. Facebook users, please go to our photo on Rapha's Festive 500 gallery on Facebook between now and Friday 27th January, and like it.

And if you don't do facebook, here's a great excuse to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

test